Operations Officer – Darwin
With a fleet of 40 aircraft, serving some of the most remote communities in the country, Chartair is one of Australia’s leading general aviation companies operating out of two main bases in Darwin and Alice Springs. We also have bases in Katherine and Cairns.
We are seeking enthusiastic, results orientated team player for our Darwin office.
- Overseeing all Chartair daily operations and providing flight following for all flights
- Delivering the highest level of customer service at all times to customers, suppliers and partners
- Anticipates and proactively acts to deal with future events, situations and opportunities
- Charter Quotations
- Ensure all work is conducted in compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures
- Coordinate any disrupts with other Operations personnel. Formulates and actions disrupt plan
- Monitor flights for On Time Performance
- Brief Flight Crew on all aspects of flights
- Proactively understand the operational needs of the business and takes the initiative to ensure those needs are met or exceeded
- Assist in maintaining flight logs, flight records and operational files
- Update our online flight management system as required, including planning aircraft and crew
- Carry out such duties as directed by the Operations Manager to assist in the day to day running of the Operations department
To be considered you will need to be:
- Efficient and reliable, with excellent time management skills
- Customer focused with excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess intermediate computer skills
- Possess a sense of initiative (can work without constant supervision) but also be a team player with a helpful, courteous attitude and outstanding attention to detail
- Flexible and available to do early starts and late finishes
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements to be issued an Aviation Security Identity Card
- Prepared to attend Dangerous Goods training
Aviation experience, though not essential, will be highly regarded.
To apply please send you CV to email@example.com by COB Friday 4th September 2020
As one of the largest General Aviation companies in the country, Chartair is often the starting point of successful careers for many people.
For pilots, we will consider you once you have completed your CPL / IR MEA and train you to our exacting standards on every aspect of our operation including customer service and aircraft loading, as well as how to fly. With a range of aircraft types from single engine piston through to single and twin engine turbines, Chartair is your one-stop career shop before you move to the airlines. The best pilots understand that taking time to develop and learn their art is a crucial part of their education and inevitably will make them not just a better pilot but a great aviator.
Minimum Requirements for consideration:
- 300 Total time for C210 VFR entry level position
- Preference is given to pilots that present to one of our respective bases to express their interest in joining the company.
With two major maintenance bases in Darwin and Alice Springs, Chartair is always looking for suitable qualified LAMEs. We can offer a variety of opportunities including: full-time, part-time, contract and FIFO (mainly Alice Springs).
Chartair is a strong supporter of developing apprentices; pro-rata, we employ more apprentices than Qantas!
Current opportunities include:
- Apprentice engineer – Alice Springs
Chartair is an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage applications from all parties and especially females and those of Indigenous origin. To apply or to obtain further information, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org